From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Steve Richter
Sent: Dienstag, 9. Oktober 2018 23:24
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New Article about SQL JSON Publishing Functions

it this really needed? PHP can easily convert an SQL result set to JSON.

Would be terrific to apply JSON data to an SQL table.

UPDATE CUSTOMER a
SET * = json JSON_variable
where a.csno = inCsno ;

JSON_variable contains an object in json form. Columns and values:
{CSCL:'AB', CSSC:'01'}
SQL would translate the statement to:

UPDATE CUSTOMER a
set ( CSCL, CSSC ) = ('AB', '01')
where a.csno = inCsno ;

or insert the contents of a JSON array into an SQL table.

insert json_array json_variable
into customer ;

The same concept. The JSON array already contains the column names and
values. SQL could match the column names and apply the values.

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 10:42 AM Birgitta Hauser <Hauser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>