@ Kevin

If I cannot create an out queue that automagically converts to a PDF in the
IFS, I was going to code a program as you provided. Thanks for the code.

@ Rob, checking if we have IP1 on V7.2.

Thanks all
Darryl

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 2:34 PM Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Slick!

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

From: "Kevin Bucknum" <Kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09/21/2018 02:31 PM
Subject: RE: Can a OUTQ or PRINTER be configured to print all spool
files to aPDF in the IFS?"

Method x usually boils down to attaching a dtaq to the outq.

CRTDTAQ DTAQ(&LIB/&NAME) MAXLEN(222)
CRTDEVPRT DEVD(&NAME) DEVCLS(*VRT) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) ONLINE(*NO)
FONT(11)
CHGOUTQ OUTQ(&NAME) DTAQ(&LIB/&NAME)

Have a NEP attach to the dtaq
CALL PGM(QRCVDTAQ) PARM(&DQNAME &DQLIB &DTALEN &DATA &WAIT)

IF COND(%SST(&DATA 1 10) *NE '*SPOOL ') THEN(GOTO
CMDLBL(ENDPGM))

CHGVAR VAR(&JOBNAME) VALUE(%SST(&DATA 13 26))

CHGVAR VAR(&SPLFNAME) VALUE(%SST(&DATA 39 10))

CHGVAR VAR(&SPLFNBR) VALUE(%SST(&DATA 49 4))

CHGVAR VAR(&JOBNAM) VALUE(%SST(&JOBNAME 1 10))

CHGVAR VAR(&JOBUSR) VALUE(%SST(&JOBNAME 11 10))

CHGVAR VAR(&JOBNBR) VALUE(%SST(&JOBNAME 21 6))

CHGVAR VAR(&SPLNBR) VALUE(%BIN(&SPLFNBR))

CHGVAR VAR(&SPLFNBRP) VALUE(&SPLNBR)

CALL PGM(SPOOLPROC) PARM(&DQNAME &JOBNAM &JOBUSR &JOBNBR &SPLFNBRP
&SPLFNAME)

Spoolproc program creates the PDF by copying the spoolfile

@Cmd = 'CPYSPLF FILE(' + %Trim(SpoolName)
+ ') TOFILE(*TOSTMF) JOB('
+ %Trim(JobNumber) + '/'
+ %Trim(JobUser) + '/'