On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 10:38 PM Evan Harris <auctionitis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I tried Ublu for some stuff and maybe I will try again. I really needed a
lot more meaningful examples to help me on the long slow climb to
productivity.

There are a lot of examples in the two .html docs and in the examples and
extensions directories.
I'm working on creating more install technology so Ublu gets set up in a
convenient fashion automatically.

I managed to get some data from a command back onto a PC but it was quite a
lot of work at the time.

Yes, it certainly can be some work to get used to it. When I code in Ublu,
I always have to use the manual :)

I think there needs to be quite a few usable, practical examples as the
language is quite arcane from my point of view, though I like the idea
behind it.

It's arcane because it "just grew" as I responded to customer needs
in-house. There was no plan other than "fast" :)

In any case, the example you want is examples/dbexample.ublu which is
mentioned and reproduced in the rather longish documentation to the db
command

It demonstrates a function to CSV a file

Here basically is the model to csv a file.

db -to @myconnection -dbtype as400 -connect *MYSYS MYLIB MYUID MYPASSWORD*
@myconnection -csv *MYFILE*

*.. or if you want the output of csv'in MYFILE to go to a local text file
instead of scrolling by on the screen*

@myconnection -to myfile.csv -csv
*MYFILE*

It's fair to say that I did not do enough of either to get over the initial
hump to making it seem a bit more natural.

Well, if you do ever get around, come chat at IBMiOSS on Ryver ... I tend
to hang out there during the day.