It is a base system with one core active and 64GB memory and single
partition

They wanted the SSD's for the 'gofaster' as you put it.

Yes the RAID10 will provide best write performance which is what they
wanted

Not huge I/O

Interesting you can not order this config direct from plant, all drives
will arrive configured in RAID10 and I will have to remove the SAS drives
and start the RAID5 set.

Thanks for the feedback

Don Brown