Barging lately into this thread I can't find the OP problem,
but if it entails "trapping" a certain MSG across all jobs, then using a
Watch seems to me
the simplest method.
STRWCH lets you specify a list of MSGs to "listen for" and invoke a program
to deal with it.

(We use it to send e-mail/SMS upon certain errors)

Gad

date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 13:08:42 +0000
from: "Steinmetz, Paul" <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Is there a system a catalog that will check
multiple jobs
joblog for a specific message id?

Rob,

As a test, I changed the SQL to select a message id from QCPFMSG, CPA2C6B.
SQL failed with the same error.

Message ID . . . . . . : CPF503E

Date sent . . . . . . : 08/30/18 Time sent . . . . . . :
09:05:21

Message . . . . : User-defined function error on member QSQPTABL.

Cause . . . . . : An error occurred while invoking user-defined
function
JOBLOG_INFO in library QSYS2. The error occurred while invoking the

associated external program or service program QDBSSUDF2 in library
QSYS,
program entry point or external name QSQJOBLOG, specific name QSQJOBLOG.
The
error occurred on member QSQPTABL file QSQPTABL in library QSYS2. The
error
code is 1. The error codes and their meanings follow:

1 -- The external program or service program returned SQLSTATE 42704.
The
text message returned from the program is: JOB 808966/QSECOFR/QUMEPRVAGT
NOT
FOUND .

Paul