Can't say specifically on these particular ones but with technology changes IBM will sometimes change Feature Codes. This helps them track usage as well as maintenance such as how many spares to have in a given geo. As you know the 'sled' matters as well although I believe all these are SFF-3. There have been many features over the years that are the same exact component but the FC indicates where it was installed or what is connected to it.

In this case the ES93 is identical to the ES92 but 'tagged' as IBM i (ES92 is tagged AIX). The ESHV is tagged 'Multi-OS' so perhaps a shift is happening where IBM won't make the O/S distinction any longer as well.

To summarize this doesn't surprise me here especially given there is a price difference.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com