Having gotten our HMC code as up to date as I care to get it at the moment,
I'm turning my attention to firmware.

I think I'm ready with the two updates IBM's FLRT recommends. I just want
to make sure I'm interpreting things correctly.

I'm dealing with an 8286-41A with a 7042-CR8 HMC. The HMC is running
release 8 version 8.6.0 with service pack 3. The 8286 is currently on
firmware version SV810_101_081. With the above info the FLRT appears to be
recommending I upgrade the firmware to SV810_159_081, then upgrade to
SV860_138_056. If I'm interpreting things correctly the first upgrade would
be non-disruptive, except that I discovered yesterday our FSP is running
from the permanent side. We're about to add some additional memory and DASD
to our box, so I have a couple of planned maintenance windows in the near
future which would be a good time to take care of that.

SV860_138_056's cover letter lists the following PTF requirements for 7.2:

IBM i 7.2 TR PTF Group SF99717 Level 1 + Cumulative PTF Pacakge C4276720
+ HIPER PTF Group

Would that be the HIPER PTF group included in the C4276720 cumulative PTF
package? If so, I think we're okay on PTFs. WRKPTFGRP PTFGRPLV(*LATEST)
shows SF99717 at level 3 and SF99720 at level 15311, package C5311720 for
all our LPARs. And I show us being at level 63 for the SF99719 HIPER group.

After firmware, PTF updates definitely need my attention. I've already
found a lot of great information on that subject in various threads on this
list.