Yesterday was one of those days. Got nothing done that was planned to be
done. Some answers.

- The URL is not shown to the user. Its just a menu option.
- Symbolic links - had thought that one through but there are too many
machines to try and keep everything working. To do that I would need a
program and then that defeats the object of just using a menu command. If I
use a program, length is no longer an issue. I want to avoid programs like
PGM
STRPCMD
ENDPGM.
- Browser - I am forcing to IE as that is usually on every PC and will
operate almost the same for everyone. Makes support easier.
- MSGF - The problem with using a message file with a longer message line
is that when you rebuild the menu is SDA, it will truncate the command back
to SDA's or the menu's maximum length.
- UIM - I am going to revisit this option. Its been many years since I
created UIM's. My programs were more object based then using a UIM
interface in place of DSPFs. It was much liek programming for the
browser/HTML.
- ACS - I cannot test this out as I have both ACS and iAccess on my
machine. I still need to execute a long string though.

I think my soultion may be to use a menu command file with a long command
string. I could then use a utility program that the menu will call passing
2 parms (menu_name, Menu option). That program can execute the command.

Thanks all

Darryl.