From: Jim Oberholtzer [mailto:midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2018 10:52 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion' <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: V7R3 - Halcyon Subsystem job monitor - determine which job is
not running

My own take would be to create a table of jobs that should run in each
subsystem that you wish to check.

Modify the SQL below to take the existing SQL and add a compare against the
table and update a second table with the results (QTEMP or permanent, no
matter which). Now have your CL read that table which contains only the
missing jobs and react accordingly, Start them, or send a message, or both.

90% of that is done in the single SQL statement that can run with STRSQL or
DB2 command from shell. The read loop in CLP is simple so you have a short,
to the point CLP that can handle just about any subsystem, or specific need.

As a note, it's actually easier to do in Python than in CL (because you can
directly read the cursor output without creating the intermediate table) but
the results are the same, and the SQL is the same.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects