From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Evan Harris
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2018 6:00 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Increasing MAX CPU of LPAR - HMC managed

How many virtual CPUs are allocated ?

If you only have one virtual CPU you can only use 1 CPU worth of processor.

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 2:02 AM, Steinmetz, Paul <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On my R&D LPAR, I had a large demand for CPU.

My MPG performance graph indicated only 1 CPU was used and allocated.
But my R&D profile was configured to use more.
Why did the R&D LPAR not get more than 1 core.

R&D HMC profile below.

Minimum shared processing units: 0.3
Desire shared processing units: 2.0
Maximum shared processing units: 3.0
Shared processor pool: SharedPool01(1)

Virtual processors.
Minimum processing unites required for each virtual processor: 0.10
Minimum virtual processors: 1.0
Desired virtual processors: 2.0
Maximum virtual processors: 3.0

Sharing mode