We're using a windows based imaging system that has a MS SQL document repository. As part of the workflow we connect to the iSeries application files. We're implementing the imaging system to interact with our biggest iSeries application and the response can be slow because of the file sizes.

We speeded up this slow SELECT by creating a View on the iSeries side returning just one column and subsetting the results with a join:

ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[SP_LNValidateBorrowerSSN]
@BorrSSN nvarchar(9)
AS
BEGIN
SELECT
Case
When count(*) >= 1 Then 'Valid'
Else 'Invalid'
End as SSNValid
FROM [CFITESTLOANS].[IASPCFI].[SLSFILESMT].[SLBRREV1]
Where Borrower_SSN = @BorrSSN
END

The process is still pulling over too many records so we want to push all the work onto the iSeries side. Our smartest DB2 sql programmer helped me create this Stored Procedure:

P1 : BEGIN
DECLARE EDITBORROWERSSN_C1 CURSOR WITH RETURN FOR

SELECT CASE
WHEN ( SELECT DISTINCT 1
FROM SLSFILESMT . SLBRREV1
WHERE BORROWER_SSN = @BORROWER_SSN
) IS NULL THEN RESULT
ELSE 'Valid'
END
FROM TABLE
( VALUES ( 'Invalid' ) )
AS TVALUES ( RESULT ) ;

OPEN EDITBORROWERSSN_C1 ;

END

This runs instantly when called from Run SQL scripts - CALL SLBRRES01 ('123456789'). I cannot, however, come up with the correct syntax to call the DB2 SP (SLBRRES01) from MS SQL. This "runs" without returning anything as I can't setup the parameters without syntax errors:

EXEC('@Result = [CFITESTLOANS].[IASPCFI].[SLSFILESMT].[SLBRRES01]')

I'm trying different scenarios I've read on Google so I might be way off. It doesn't have to be an SP. Could be a UDF or whatever on the iSeries side. If this can be set up to run quickly we can use the same method in many places.

Can anyone offer some help with this?

TIA

Ps
iSeries 7.3
MS SQL 2016 r13.x

Jack Prucha
Programming Team Supervisor

College Foundation, Inc.

This email, including any documents, files, or previous email messages attached to it, has been sent from an email account of College Foundation Inc., (CFI) and may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information belonging to CFI. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by email and destroy the original email and any attachments.