Yes, I agree absolutely. Have it generate the object, retrieve the source
and put in a source member.

I strip out the library and use the Default collection DFTRDBCOL parameter
to specify the library to use to compile to.

If you use my iBuild command (www.sourceforge.net/projects/ibuild) you can
just put the build instructions in the header for how to build using
RUNSQLSTM.

The readme has an example of doing this.