You'll need the users to connect as a named user, rather than using the guest profile. Assuming different user/password and no Kerberos, they'll need to enter their credentials when they map the drive (and re-map the drive when their password changes).

If you open the NetServer in iNav you can see who's connecting as a guest (under the Logon Type column). If it's available in Nav for i, I can't find it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Pluta [mailto:joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2018 3:57 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: User profile for files copied into IFS via mapped drive

Today I wanted to check and see who copied a file to the IFS using a Windows mapped drive.  To my surprise, all files in the IFS has the same somewhat generic (but non-IBM) user profile. With a bit more digging, I found out where the default profile is set up.  It's the "Guest Profile"
in the IBM i NetServer service. Okay, fine.

But now the $64,000 question: can I change that behavior? Specifically I was hoping the owner would be the user ID associated with the mapped drive.  Evidently I was being simplistic in my thinking.  And if I cannot change that behavior, what is the workaround?  Journal?  I hope not, because... ewwwww. But hey, checking a journal is not the end of the world.