Hi, Charles,

If you prompt WRKJOBSCDE and press F10=Additional parameters, you will see this:

    Scheduled by user  . . . . . . . SCDBY _*ALL _

You could use a command processing exit to force this SCDBY parameter to always reflect the user profile who is issuing the command ...

See:
https://apimymymy.wordpress.com/2010/03/25/apis-by-example-change-and-retrieve-command-exit-points-and-command-exit-cl-commands/

See also:
https://apimymymy.wordpress.com/2011/04/06/carstens-corner-nerge-migrate-or-copy-job-schedule-entries-between-systems/

You could adapt this to suit ...

You could also add validity checking programs to commands like ADDJOBSCDE to ensure that "tenanst" can only use job queues, job descriptions, etc., to which they are authorized ...  and perhaps not allow any "tenant" to schedule a job that runs under another "user profile" (other than their own)... etc.

Hope that helps,

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 4/24/2018 5:06 PM, Charles Wilt wrote:
All,

Just curious how other out there handle allowing end-users to automate the
running of jobs in a multi-tenet environment?

As we see it two main requirements
- we define templates for what jobs can be scheduled
- end users should only be able to see their own jobs

Did you build or buy your solution?

We use the standard job scheduler internally...
I suppose we could build our own interface around the
List Job Schedule Entries (QWCLSCDE) API
and XXXJOBSCHDE commands...

Thanks!
Charles