From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Steinmetz, Paul
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 7:59 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Anyone in the group running Vision Solutions Mimix 8.1 for
HA/DR ?

< As far as application upgrades using Mimix-- for whatever reason,
management has drunk the Kool-Aid, and migrated most applications (other
than order entry, invoicing, and accounting) to network servers. So we
don't have payroll, fixed assets, and a few others to worry about. The OE,
invoicing, and accounting are self-maintained, and we test thoroughly on the
test side, then promote to production.

My questions and concerns are how will Mimix handle other 3rd party products
upgrades.
We have about 20.
Many of the products either delete/rename the current product library, then
restores the product from a savf for their upgrade.

I'm thinking Mimix would need to be disabled while these upgrades are done.

Paul

Re: switching-- we switched back after the test; we hadn't let any users
actually -do- anything while we were switched! It was more a
proof-of-concept.

I'm not sure how we got away from actually switching; we continued working
with our hot site in Philadelphia for years. At the time, that satisfied
our auditors.

As far as application upgrades using Mimix-- for whatever reason, management
has drunk the Kool-Aid, and migrated most applications (other than order
entry, invoicing, and accounting) to network servers. So we don't have
payroll, fixed assets, and a few others to worry about. The OE, invoicing,
and accounting are self-maintained, and we test thoroughly on the test side,
then promote to production.

Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx