I concur with Jeff and Jack. In addition, I recommend the first-timers meeting - it's on Saturday evening at 6pm, if you arrive that day.

On the online schedule page there are also "Focused Education Roadmaps" - these might help get you a start - the Open Source one has only 2 items, but there are also session types, and Open Source languages course type has a bunch.

Also, there is the vendor expo - that can be a good thing to go to, that's when you get lunch, too!! That starts Sunday evening and goes to Tuesday noon or so.

There are some pre-conference workshops, as well, a couple on IBM i security with Carol Woodbury, should be excellent, if you need that. Open source, of course, Python lab - extra cost but focused, if needed.

As Jeff says, meeting folks is a key part of the conference - I look forward to meeting you & others there, and sometimes David lines up a get-together for those of us on these lists.

I have a couple sessions, as well, you are not required to attend!! :)

Regards
Vern