From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Justin Taylor
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 2:02 PM
To: MIDRANGE-L (midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx) <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: COMMON advice

This morning, our Windows manager dropped a COMMON brochure on my desk and told me he wants me to go. After I fell out of my chair, I began looking at the sessions. I've been in this business for a long time, but I've never been to a conference or any kind of training. I'm hoping to solicit some advice on what sessions to attend.

We're a 2.5 man shop running mostly 5250 apps on a 720. I'm both a dev and the admin. My primary dev role is connecting IBMi with non-5250 clients, originally via Db2 stored procedures (RPG & SQL) and now mostly webservices (DIY RPG CGI & CGIDEV2). I have about a dozen web apps done using CGIDEV2, jQuery, HTML and JS. I know some Java and have a couple of Java utility apps.

I'd like to attend every session, but that's not really possible. So I'd love some help narrowing down the choices.

TIA