If by 4xx you mean 4K Drives that is not true. They cannot be mixed in the same RAID set but can be in the same drawer.

They are clearly producing no new 5xx drives though existing models are still being sold.

The EXP24X drawer is for very large capacity 3.5" form factor (LFF) 7200 ROM 'near line' drives. Thee would not be used for traditional IBM i workloads but could archive a LOT of stuff!!

Yes currently the flash adapter is for Linux AIX or VIOS. They don't currently make sense for IBM i in the current configuration.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com