From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Evan
Harris
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2018 1:30 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: What is the difference between Flash storage and a Flash
Storage system like the V9000/V7000

Hi Jim

In respect to not requiring an IASP for PowerHA, the docs I have read seem
pretty strong in that regard. Are there any guidelines or docs you can point
me to regarding what systems sizes you can get away without using an IASP ?

I am guessing that no IASP simply means that starting up the the mirrored
system will mean going through a database consistency check at IPL time as
opposed to everything being neat. Is that literally the only concern ?

We've looked at PowerHA for a couple of customers and the IASP requirement
can be something of a stumbling block, particularly for "stabilised"
customers who are reluctant to make changes.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 1:33 AM, Jim Oberholtzer <