From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2018 7:29 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Disabling / Removing V7R3 SSL weak ciphers

I browsed the 7.3 PTF cover letters for: cipher
MF62780 - LIC-SSL Remove 3DES from System SSL/TLS default
SI62586 - F/TRIPLE-DES CAN RESULT IN CVE-2016-2183 AND CVE-2016-6329

Granted, some of these only remove a cipher from a particular application, like LDAP.

Perhaps if you documented which ciphers you removed from the suite you could occasionally change QSSLCSLCTL back to system default and see what it changes QSSLCSL to.
If you forget to document you could simply do a DSPSYSVAL QSSLCSL
OUTPUT(*PRINT) before any changes.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E