Paul--

1-I'm not sure what size we have, but it's 52 TB and 12 modules.

2-I don't know-- our business partner put it together. But we have 2 VIOS LPARs.

3-Data compression, not de-duping.

4-We have 3 production LPARs; 2 flash LPARS (thinly provisioned) for backups; 1 control LPAR for the Full System Flash Copy application; and 2 VIOS LPARs. We have no storage in the iSeries itself. All Load Source disks are in the V9000.

As a separate issue-- I hope you have a business partner experienced in configuring all the pieces. We switched a year ago and couldn't be happier! They -knew- what they were doing, had done it before, and did it for us! (:

--Paul E Musselman

.