Hi Nathan

I suspect that if the i is not acting as a database server, then it
probably is not doing anything at all.
I wonder if you really meant a database that is exposed via web services
instead of ODBC and the like.

Personally, I don't see this as happening as the tooling to create web
services on the i is (mostly) pretty primitive compared to other systems
which have the advantage of frameworks where web services can be created
and exposed at scale.

it appears you have built programming infrastructure to do this but this is
something of an exception.