I'm starting to wonder if I should move my March and September downtimes
to the last weekend in those months.
I do downtimes quarterly, on the months divisible by 3. Normally on the
2nd full weekend. I avoid the first full weekend because it's too close
to month end processing and I had a bad experience a few decades back
before we had a HA solution and an accounting executive left the building
in tears. I push it back one further weekend in September due to the
short holiday week.
However, the September cume date is so late that I would end up doing it
on the last weekend of the month. I can't put it on the date it ships as
I have to put it on two other Power systems earlier than on the main one.
Also the last weekend of the month may be one of those deals where even
quiescing the machines to do the HA switch is too disruptive for those
trying to get out month end shipments. I already had to move my quiesce
time from Friday evenings to 06:00 Saturday mornings.