Dave,

I'm not understanding the benefit of using CALLPRC with EXTPGM(*YES) vs the regular CALL command that we've always used for external programs.

Are you thinking that you'd want to code something like EXTPGM(&EXT) so you can change it at run-time? If so, I don't think that'd work, since the binding needs to be known at bind-time.

Aside from that possibility, I'm not sure what advantage this would have?

-SK