I was looking at a joblog for a BATCH job that has been running slow.

(Part of joblog listed below)

All of the CRTPF and DLTF take 6-14 seconds each to run, what could
cause CRTPF or DLTF to take so long to execute?

The files are all created in QTEMP
There are no logical files over the files
These are all single member files

This is a batch job

Job is single thread

OS is 7.1

Other jobs are running fine

There are 55 jobs running in the particular JOBQ

Since this is a single thread batch job using QTEMP I would not think
it is a file lock because the DLTF would generate an error rather then
just waiting then deleting

And this would not exaplin the delay in CRTPF

***** Partial joblog ********

03/07/18 09:41:52.667289 QCADRV QSYS 03BA APEDOCBC FINAN *STMT

To module . . . . . . . . . : APEDOCBC

To procedure . . . . . . . : APEDOCBC

Statement . . . . . . . . . : 43500

Message . . . . : 43500 - CRTPF FILE(QTEMP/APFWSPLIN)

SRCFILE(FINAN/QDDSSRC) OPTION(*NOSRC *NOLIST) SIZE(100000000)

LVLCHK(*NO) AUT(*ALL)

03/07/18 09:41:52.796059 QDDCPF QSYS 056D APEDOCBC FINAN *STMT

To module . . . . . . . . . : APEDOCBC

To procedure . . . . . . . : APEDOCBC

Statement . . . . . . . . . : 43500

Message . . . . : File APFWSPLIN created in library QTEMP.

03/07/18 09:42:02.667253 QDDCPFM QSYS 005B APEDOCBC FINAN *STMT

To module . . . . . . . . . : APEDOCBC

To procedure . . . . . . . : APEDOCBC

Statement . . . . . . . . . : 43500

Message . . . . : Member APFWSPLIN added to file APFWSPLIN in QTEMP.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

John