From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jack Woehr
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2018 2:55 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Install 7.1 - Can't install past first DVD

Chris --

I'm trying to Prepare for Install

Opt Description
1 Work with licensed programs for target release

Then ...

Generate list from 1 1=Distribution media
2=Merge with additional distributio
media
3=Modify previously generated list

Optical device . . . opt01 *NONE, Name

Target Release . . . V7R1M0 VxRxMx

which leads to ...

Message . . . . : Target licensed information already exists (C
G).

Cause . . . . . : You selected to generate the list from distribution
media
on the Work with Licensed Programs for Target Release display. There
is
already information on the system regarding licensed programs for
release
V7R1M0. Only information for any one release is allowed on the system at
time.

Okay. So ...

11. Install licensed programs

Then (for simplicity try a short list):

Licensed Product
Option Program Option Description

1 5770SS1 Library QGPL
1 5770SS1 Library QUSRSYS
1 5770SS1 1 Extended Base Support
5770SS1 2 Online Information
1 5770SS1 3 Extended Base Directory Support
5770SS1 5 System/36 Environment
5770SS1 6 System/38 Environment
1 5770SS1 7 Example Tools Library
5770SS1 8 AFP Compatibility Fonts
5770SS1 9 *PRV CL Compiler Support
1 5770SS1 12 Host Servers
5770SS1 13 System Openness Includes

<enter>
Press Enter to confirm your choices for 1=Install.
Press F12 to return to change your choices.

Licensed Product
Program Option Description
5770SS1 Library QGPL
5770SS1 Library QUSRSYS
5770SS1 1 Extended Base Support
5770SS1 3 Extended Base Directory Support
5770SS1 7 Example Tools Library
5770SS1 12 Host Servers
5770SS1 30 Qshell
5770SS1 33 Portable App Solutions Environment
5770DG1 *BASE IBM HTTP Server for i
5761JV1 *BASE IBM Developer Kit for Java
5761JV1 11 Java SE 6 32 bit

And it prompts me for device, etc. then on <enter>

Selection or command
===> 11

F3=Exit F4=Prompt F9=Retrieve F12=Cancel F13=
F16=System Main menu
Work with licensed programs function not complete.

What a helpful message.