Roberto,

I've found this:

"Move the reset toggle switches on the service processor from their current position to the opposite position. To perform this task, you must remove and replace the service processor. For details, contact your next level of support." on a BULL document about Power6 systems  and I remember the same line from IBM P6 system docs.

http://www.audentia-gestion.fr/BULL/86A129FA02.pdf

I'm sure I've done this with Power6. I agree, with Power7 and beyond I don't remember the need to reset nor the switches.

Regards

Diego Kesselman