We use "vi" for shell scripting and sometimes Notepad++ with ftp plugin

El 20 feb. 2018 9:25 AM, "Justin Taylor" <JUSTIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

It's still bleeding edge. So far the only real appeal IMO is the zero
client footprint. Although personally I've never felt the need to do dev
work on my phone or tablet.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Woehr [mailto:jwoehr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 8:52 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Anyone using Orion for editing yet ?

Tried Orion. Much trouble for little gain. I use jEdit to edit files in
the IFS via its FTP(S) plugin

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 7:39 AM, Richard Schoen <
Richard.Schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Started it up and took a quick look last night.

Seems to be more of a git client, check out, edit and commit
environment, but no real integration to compilers or command line access
built in.

I was thinking that it would be able to access all IFS files I have
security to for editing not just the Orion sandbox directories in the
IFS.

Also seems a bit insecure since anyone can set up a user in the
environment.

Probably ways to better secure and use it, but this is my first
impression.

Right now it feels more like Visual Studio Code or Atom would be a
better working environment, but it's always fun to check out new
alternatives.

Thoughts from anyone who has actually used it ?

Regards,

[http://static.helpsystems.com/hs/email/templates/
signatures-final/images/hs-logo2.png]

Richard Schoen
Director of Document Management

e.
richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
p. 952.486.6802
w. helpsystems.com<http://www.helpsystems.com/>
[cid:image002.jpg@01D1A545.4C2BF250]<http://www.linkedin.
com/in/richardschoen>[cid:image003.jpg@01D1A545.4C2BF250]<
http://www.twitter.com/richardschoen>

a moment to review the archives at
https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.

questions.

link: http://amzn.to/2dEadiD

--
Absolute Performance, Inc.
12303 Airport Way, Suite 100

NON-DISCLOSURE NOTICE: This communication including any and all
attachments is for the intended recipient(s) only and may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient of this communication, any disclosure, copying further
distribution or use of this communication is prohibited. If you received
this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete/destroy
all copies of this communication immediately.