Commitment control? Ain't got no time fo' dat!

Seriously, we only recently set up journaling on our production files
because we finally got on the HA bandwagon. So, unless someone's written
an application that uses CC within the past few months (highly unlikely),
CC isn't the issue here.

(And, just for reference, I basically had to go over our tech lead's head
to develop a service program. We have at least one developer who still
codes GOTOs in RPG. It goes without saying that free-RPG is not in her
skillset.)