From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bryan Dietz
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2018 2:15 PM
To: Midrange- L
Subject: Problem compiling CLP to previous release

I ran across an interesting issue; created a simple CL on our v7.3 system to use DSPOBJD to an outfile and process the resulting records.
just a quick and dirty pgm.

I have to compile that program to v7r1m0 so I can run it on a few of our remaining v7.1 LPARs.

So when running on v7.1 I get a CPF0859 (File override caused I/O buffer size to be exceeded.) error.

I checked my compile options and everything looks right, so I open a PMR and am told that I(me, the end user) needs to copy the 7.2 version of the file in qsysv7r2m0 to the qsysv7r1m0 library.

I found out the file qadspobj changed between v7.2 and v7.3 the model file was only put into 7.2 previous release library.

Is it just me or does this seem like an object was missed being put in *ALL of the *previous release libraries?

Bryan