Greetings. What is a Modern RPG Programmer... Like already stated,
subjective for sure. Some thoughts... RDi, Full Free form, Modular, 'API
able' SQL based...

Here are a few resources that have been created to help address this very
thing...

Common created a Boot camp for Modern RPG. A series of video tutorials
that walk though many aspects of what could be considered Modern RPG
Programming. Created by a number of industry experts in this field...

[1]http://www.common.org/online-education/boot-camp/

Modern RPG RedBook... The RPG programming guide was updated a little over
a year ago, and has some good info on this subject.

[2]http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg245402.html?Open

In 2014, we delivered a RedBook that was targeted to help customers move
from a legacy view point to a modern view point with their RPG
applications.

[3]http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg248185.html?Open

Also, I am always happy to have a conversation with you about what we have
been doing in the operating system to help our customers move in this
direction.

Tim

Tim Rowe, timmr@xxxxxxxxxx
Business Architect Application Development & Systems Management for IBM i
IBM i Development Lab, Rochester, MN
(507) 253-6191 (Tie) 553-6191

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/are/index.html

message: 2
date: Sat, 3 Feb 2018 23:45:52 -0600
from: Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: What is a Modern RPG Programmer???

Is there a series of current tutorials with best practices that you can
recommend? I have been looking at various explanations and I am finding?
what looks to me to be a lot of stale information, biased information,
and dubious stuff.? I do not know enough to be able to distinguish the
stuff I want from the stuff it'd be just as well to skip over.