Not sure how an Administrator would feel about .Net as a another layer on i. For the most part they would probably only run the applications that were installed and stage the environment as
defined by their development team or vendor partners.

To me PASE is native.

My working definition for Native is that any software layer or stack than runs on the box under the OS including: RPG, CL, Cobol, PASE, QShell, Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, System36 Env, anything I missed... are all considered native even if there are subtleties in communication layers between them.

As an example: Kevin's DB sample for Python makes it drop dead simple to extract data to HTML. That would take quite a few more lines in RPG to accomplish.

Being able to call the Python code easily from CL or RPG and get responses means that they are perfectly valid in an IBMi native job stream definition.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Director of Document Management
e. richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p. 952.486.6802
w. helpsystems.com

message: 2
date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 17:43:28 -0700
from: Nathan Andelin <nandelin@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Running .Net Natively on IBMi