"MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 01/10/2018
02:19:21 PM:
Hi Dave
Just to let you know that when I saw how much needed to be re-
compiled and then tested - to prove that the change still worked
Well - let me just say
The engineer/scientist inside of me wanted to make these changes so
that everything will work correctly
But the lazy S.O.B. inside of me started shouting - AND ALL THAT
TESTING TO DO!!!!!

I ended up doing what you suggested
Made a separate service program that called the original service program

I just tested my new service program - and it works perfectly
Now let me create the function from that new service program and see
the results

I wouldn't refer to it as lazy. Nothing wrong with a little
compromise between most efficient code and number of programs affected.
;-) Otherwise... You say you created a whole new service program for
this? I would have just added the new service procedure to the existing
service program to keep related procedures together. Was there a site
reason you created a separate service program?

Sincerely,

Dave Clark