From: Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05/01/2018 17:23
Subject: Re: Meltdown and Spectre

Well that's quite surprising....

I'm no chip head...but I was expecting the POWER/IBMi to be immune given
the protections in place for it's shared address space vs x86/windows
single process VM.

I wonder if it's PASE specific issue...that I could see...

And given the usage of PASE in the OS now (networking, Java, ect) you
can't
have IBMi w/o PASE like you used to be able to have OS/400 without PASE.

Charles

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 6:35 AM, Diego Kesselman <diegokesselman@xxxxxxxxx>