IDK what option 21 you are talking about.
I do a GO LICPGM
11. Install licensed programs
Oh, now I know...
21 Application Development ToolSet

With V5R1 and above you have 57##WDS and option 21 is what you are looking
for.
From the V5R1 MTU I see:
<snip>
Websphere Development Studio for iSeries (5722-WDS)
Websphere Development Studio replaces several products including
Application Development ToolSet (5769-PW1) IBM WebSphere™ Development
Studio (5722-WDS) replaces several licensed programs that are no longer
available in V5R1. Do not install these products after 5722-WDS has been
installed: v Application Development Toolset Client Server/400 (5769-CL2)
v Application Development Toolset/400 (5769-PW1) v ILE RPG for AS/400
(5769-RG1) v ILE COBOL for AS/400 (5769-CB1) v ILE C for AS/400 (5769-CX2)
v VisualAge® C++ for AS/400 (5769-CX5) v IBM ILE C++ for AS/400 (5799-GDW)
They have been replaced by a new product, WebSphere Development Studio
(5722-WDS). Do not install the pre-V5R1 products after you install
5722-WDS. Automatically installing V5R1 over V4R4 or V4R5 selects and
installs the appropriate options of 5722-WDS based on what pre-V5R1
products were installed.
</snip>

So, under 5769-PW1 IDK if it was stilll option 21. That was a VERY long
time ago for me.