Thanks for these. I checked and we did not have the PTFs so I loaded them., Made no difference. Tried the other workaround but did not have the file they reference. Next step is a call to IBM to see what's up

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 8:40 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Verify Service Agent connection fails

I gave up on VFYSRVAGT. It got to be so bad that, after I ran VFYSRVAGT, I would have to rebuild service to get SNDSRVRQS *TEST or SNDPTFORD to work.

I just searched ibm.com for VFYSRVAGT. Did notice APAR SE55430 for 7.1 and "V9R9M9" which states:
<snip>
This is a defect when customer do their own DNS server and it
inhibits recursive lookup to external DNS server. It only
affects the connection validation and does not impact customer's business such as download PTF etc. Also, a workaround to address
this problem is to add an entry into Host Table to map IBM VPN
gateway domain and it's IP address.
So, it is planned to fix this problem in future release.
</snip>

They did issue some PTF's Jan 2017 for 7.3 to get VFYSRVAGT *DETAILED
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas2SE66301

You might want to see this 7.1 apar which shows that VRYSRVAGT could corrupt stuff so other stuff would have issues:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas2SE39747
And how they fixed that.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108