My method of dealing with individual PTFs is the following:

1) Always use image catalogs to apply PTFs, no *SERVICE, and Fix Central
FTP to download them.
2) Directory structure:
/ibmi/v7rx/groups
/ibmi/v7rx/licpgm
/ibmi/v7rx/ptfs

Image catalog for each. (contents should be obvious)

Now I have a built in list of individual PTFs that have been applied for
whatever reason. Periodically I go through the PTFs directory and remove
PTFs that have been added to a group or cumulative, so in the end I have a
list of individual PTFs that are not in a group/Cumulative.

So for my systems where I keep all the files needed for each
Version/Release I'll have a series of V5R4, V6R1, V7R1, V7R2, and V7R3
directories under /ibmi with the appropriate contents.

Works for me and my customers, and for those of you who enjoy using
SNDPTFORD and *SERVICE to apply PTFs then you'll have to keep a manual
list. Of course you could accomplish almost the same thing by monthly
checking the individual PTFs you downloaded against any groups/Cumulative
and removing the save file from QGPL.

Jim Oberholtzer
CEO/Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects