When I have a RCLSTG fail, (like just this week), I normally call IBM.
However, since you are running V5R4 I take it that it's not an option for
you?

I do not believe that a RCLSTG will fix your damaged objects. You will
probably have to delete them and restore them from backup. After that,
try running your save again. If it fails again move on to the next
object.

When you get a couple of good saves then your options increase.

Ideally you upgrade your OS to something current and see if the message
recurs. If it does you can probably call IBM then.
Or, once you have a couple of good saves you can try an unload/reload.

"If" you have:
- a recent copy of V5R4M5, with the most recent resave
- a copy of the last cume and all the groups issued for it.
then you can try the section in the knowledge center about installing the
OS for the same version and release. We call this slipping the LIC.

Here's the thing, we run a RCLSTG before every quarterly full system save.
We used to get a lot of damaged objects, especially with Management
Central. Took several releases of the OS but IBM finally fixed that
issue. The RCLSTG would run fine and yet the save would still fail.
Apparently it takes a "touch" from the save to flag an object as damaged.
In summary, even if you get your RCLSTG to work, it may not fix your
damaged object issue. That's been our experience.
But being the glutton for punishment that I am I still run the RCLSTG
every quarter.

IBM resaves:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1022015