IBM Power System AC922 (8335-GTG) server helps you to harness breakthrough accelerated AI, HPDA, and HPC performance for faster time to insight

http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/ShowDoc.wss?docURL=/common/ssi/rep_ca/1/897/ENUS117-111/index.html&lang=en&request_locale=en

The IBM(r) Power(r) System AC922 (8335-GTG) server is an AI, supercomputing, powerful 2-socket server that offers 32 or 40 fully activated cores and I/O configuration flexibility to help meet accelerated computing needs. The server features are designed for high-performance data analytics and high-performance computing workloads.

The new Power System AC922 model offers:

Two IBM POWER9(tm) Single Chip Module (SCM) processors that offer high performance with 32 or 40 fully activated cores
Up to 1 TB of memory
Four PCIe slots and three CAPI enabled for future CAPI-enabled devices (a maximum of three CAPI devices can be used concurrently)
Two 2.5-inch SATA drives for a maximum of 4 TB hard disk drive (HDD) or 7.68 TB of solid-state drive (SDD) storage
Two integrated USB 3.0 ports
Two hot-swap and redundant power supplies: 2200 W 200-240 and 277 V AC
19-inch rack-mount hardware (2U)

Overview

The Power System AC922 server is co-designed with OpenPOWER Foundation ecosystem members for the demanding needs of deep learning and AI, high-performance analytics, and high-performance computing users. It will be deployed in the most powerful supercomputers on the planet through a partnership between IBM, NVIDIA, and Mellanox, among others.

The Power AC922 server delivers four Tesla V100 with NVLink GPUs supported in two processor sockets, offering 32-core at 2.6 GHz (3.09 GHz turbo) or 40-core at 2.0 GHz (2.87 GHz turbo) POWER9 NVLink 2.0 technology configuration in a 19-inch rack-mount, 2U (EIA units) drawer configuration. All the cores are activated.

The Power AC922 server provides two hot-swap and redundant power supplies and sixteen DIMM memory slots. Supported memory features are 16 GB (#EM61), 32 GB (#EM63), and 64 GB (#EM64), allowing for a maximum system memory of over 1 TB.

The Power AC922 server also offers:

High throughput and performance for high-value Linux(r) workloads such as LAMP, BDA, or industry applications
Potentially low acquisition cost through system optimization (industry standard memory, limited configurations, limited I/O and expansion, and industry standard warranty)
Multiple I/O options in the system unit, including:
Two PCIe x16 4.0 LP slots, CAPI enabled
One PCIe x8 4.0 LP slot, CAPI enabled or one PCIe x8x8 shared 4.0 slot, CAPI enabled
One PCIe x4 4.0 LP slot
Two SFF bays for two HDDs or two SSDs
Integrated SATA controller (does not support RAID functionality)
Optional Mellanox InfiniBand or high-performance Ethernet
One front and one rear USB 3.0 port
19-inch rack-mount 2U configuration
Operating systems:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4 for Power LE (IBM POWER9), or later

Thank You
_____
Paul Steinmetz
IBM i Systems Administrator