Hi Alan

For sure you can see what the SQLCODE is about - when you have one of these -30000 things, make a message ID with 'SQ' followed by the number without the sign.

Here it would be SQ30060. Use this command:

     dspmsgd sq30060 qsqlmsg

As for the SQLSTATE value, go to Knowledge Center, any release, basically, go to Database, then to SQL manuals, I think - in there look for SQL Messages and Codes

If this is an SQLSTATE from IBM, it may or may not be there - this one is not. It's possible that this comes from ArdGate itself, not sure.

But the 1st 2 characters have a meaning - so if you search for "08", you'll find a section: Class Code 08: Connection Exception

HTH
Vern