In our Weekly BRMS backup we *OMIT some objects and IFS that tend to be "in
use" . In our Monthly (entire system save) backup those objects and IFS
get saved.

The BRMS recovery script lists only the Weekly(most recent) backup so we
need to add in an additional step to get the *omit objects and IFS.

In the recovery for the *OMIT objects we use the wrkmedibrm - position to
the date of the monthly restore - verify it is the correct monthly media -
7 (restore) in front of saved library and F9(recovery defaults) and chg
relevant parms. We use Option *NEW so we only get the missed items. This
we have successfully done no problem.

My question lies in what command can we use to ONLY restore the *NEW IFS ?
(omitted ones)
1. using wrkmedibrm 7(restore) in front of Qallusrlnk F9 (recovery
defaults) I get the parms for objects not IFS
2. using wrklnkbrm parms directory '*' and date parms ?? no place to put
volid ect...
3. using rstbrm - ? not sure as device parm does not prompt for the
usual ('/Qsys.lib/tap01.devd') Obj(('/) ('/Qsys.lib' *omit) ('/Qdls'
*omit)

Can I just use the RST command (outside of BRMS) and use my volid and
OPTION *NEW (to only get the missed *omit ones)

Thanks so much

Laura

This communication, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, personal and / or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient, please contact us immediately so we may correct our records. Please then delete or destroy the original transmission and any subsequent reply.