Hi Matt,
Our company has created a free open source project "Better Object Builder"
(BOB) (https://github.com/s4isystems/Bob). that gives you the ability to
store all your IBM i objects in GIT or GitHub and build them using BOB.

We have moved all our source (RPG, CLLE, DDS, C/C++, JAVA, PNLSRC, ect) off
the I and to GitHub. Each developer has their own Git personal repository,
a build directory in the IFS and an IBM i build library for testing. In
addition, because all commits to Git are identified and stored in GitHub we
can move a series of changed code to test and production or easily reverse
changes or even go back multiple releases.

We have created programs to initially copy source from the QSYS file system
to the IFS and programs to build our product distribution files.

Each developer uses their favorite tools to maintain the source in their
own repository but most use RDI since BOB comes with tools to assist our
development using the RDi IDE.

BOB puts i development in alignment with the remainder of the world. You
will need to learn Git, how to create a makefile, shell commands
and potentially scripting.

BOB is free and available under the Apache License. Check the Wiki pages on
GitHub.

Spencer

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 8:58 PM, Richard Schoen <