Richard, you and I are in "violent agreement" :)

I enjoy the open-source-under-PASE regimen, but as soon as you start
getting fancy, why wrestle with it there? I favor leveraging all this great
technology IBM has put at our fingertips on Power servers and set up a
Linux LPAR. Do the web magic there and slurp the data back and forth from
the i LPAR letting i do what i does best.

Along these lines, my Ublu <https://github.com/jwoehr/ublu> remote control
language for the i runs in a window if desired. Of course designed for me
and my users running from Linux/Mac/OpenBSD/Windows to robot IBM i. I tried
Ublu windowing mode via the X windowing system from IBM i a few weeks ago.
It took > 5 minutes for the window to come up ... Whee!

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Richard Schoen <