Hi All,

We installed a Power 8 and it is having issues calling home for service and me ordering PTF's.

The old box (i5) used a modem.

It appears to be a firewall issue but the network guys say ports 80 and 443 are open to the IBMi and can see the traffic.

We hired someone to install this box but there were unable to get it communicating and they want to keep charging us for trying.
IBM said it's a firewall issue and will not help until all below are successful.

I have done the whole DLTSRVCFG and CRTSRVCFG.
Any ideas on where to look? I am not a network/firewall guy.

I am headed to Chicago until Friday but will check responses when I can.

I run the following: VFYSNDC is just a little pgm I use to run the commands.

SNDPTFORD PTFID((SF98710))
Object QESE540330 type *DTAQ created in library QGPL.
Sending PTF order 1728938565.
Object QESE540330 in QGPL type *DTAQ deleted.
Error occurred while processing request.
Starting TCP/IP point-to-point session for profile QVPN01IBM1.
Job 541406/QTCP/QTPPPL2TP submitted to job queue QSYSNOMAX in library QSYS.
Sending PTF order 1728938565.
Cover letter has been copied to file QAPZCOVER member QSF98710.
Operation timed out.
IBM Electronic Customer Support communications error occurred on
QsoWaitForIOCompletion().
Pointer not set for location referenced.
End started for *DIAL session thread X'00000036' in job
541406/QTCP/QTPPPL2TP for QVPN01IBM1.
ENDTCPPTP QVPN01IBM1 *DIAL for job 540330/JFORSS/JFORSS04 completed. 1 of
1 sessions ended.
Function check. MCH3601 unmonitored by QESPTF at statement *N, instruction
X'02B0'.
Error occurred while processing request.
Function check. CPF8C24 unmonitored by VFYSNDC at statement 0000001800,
instruction X'0000'.
CPF8C24 received by procedure VFYSNDC. (C D I R)

SNDSRVRQS ACTION(*TEST)
Object QESE540330 type *DTAQ created in library QGPL.
Cannot connect to IBM service system.
Object QESE540330 in QGPL type *DTAQ deleted.
Error occurred while processing request.
Starting TCP/IP point-to-point session for profile QVPN01IBM1.
Job 541649/QTCP/QTPPPL2TP submitted to job queue QSYSNOMAX in library
QSYS.
Test request complete.
End started for *DIAL session thread X'00000038' in job
541649/QTCP/QTPPPL2TP for QVPN01IBM1.
ENDTCPPTP QVPN01IBM1 *DIAL for job 540330/JFORSS/JFORSS04 completed. 1 of
1 sessions ended.
2100 - DSPJOBLOG JOB(*) OUTPUT(*PRINT)
- RETURN /* RETURN due to end of CL program */

VFYSRVCFG SERVICE(*ECS) VFYOPT(*ALL)
Verify processing started.
Verification for Gateway_1 was not successful.
Verification for Gateway_2 was successful.
Verification for Problem_Report_1 was successful.
Verification for Problem_Report_2 was not successful.
Verification for Problem_Report_3 was successful.
Verification for Problem_Report_4 was successful.
Verification for Problem_Report_5 was not successful.
Verification for QVPN01IBM1 was successful.
Verification for QVPN01IBM2 was successful.
Verify processing completed.

VFYSRVCFG SERVICE(*ECC) VFYOPT(*ALL)
Verify processing started.
Verification for Gateway_1 was not successful.
Verification for Gateway_2 was successful.
Verify processing completed.

VFYSRVCFG SERVICE(*FIXREP) VFYOPT(*ALL)
Verify processing started.
Verification for Fix_Repository_1 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_10 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_11 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_12 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_13 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_14 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_15 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_16 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_17 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_18 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_19 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_2 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_20 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_21 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_22 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_23 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_3 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_4 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_5 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_6 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_7 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_8 was successful.
Verification for Fix_Repository_9 was successful.
Verify processing completed.

VFYSRVCFG SERVICE(*PRBRPT) VFYOPT(*ALL)
Verify processing started.
Verification for Problem_Report_1 was successful.
Verification for Problem_Report_2 was not successful.
Verification for Problem_Report_3 was successful.
Verification for Problem_Report_4 was successful.
Verification for Problem_Report_5 was not successful.
Verify processing completed.

VFYSRVCFG SERVICE(*SPCFG) VFYOPT(*ALL)
Verify processing started.
Verification for SP_Config_1 was not successful.
Verification for SP_Config_2 was not successful.
Verification for SP_Config_3 was not successful.
Verification for SP_Config_4 was not successful.
Verification for SP_Config_5 was not successful.
Verification for SP_Config_6 was not successful.
Verification for SP_Config_7 was not successful.
Verification for SP_Config_8 was not successful.
Verify processing completed.

VFYSRVCFG SERVICE(*SRVAGT) VFYOPT(*ALL)
Verify processing started.
Verification for Gateway_1 was not successful.
Verification for Gateway_2 was successful.
Verification for Problem_Report_1 was successful.
Verification for Problem_Report_2 was not successful.
Verification for Problem_Report_3 was successful.
Verification for Problem_Report_4 was successful.
Verification for Problem_Report_5 was not successful.
Verification for QVPN01IBM1 was successful.
Verification for QVPN01IBM2 was successful.
Verify processing completed.

Jerry Forss
Information Technology Team
WalzCraft
608-781-6355 EXT 2530
jforss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject to Change Notice:

WalzCraft reserves the right to improve designs, and to change specifications without notice.

Confidentiality Notice:

This message and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information that is protected by law. The information contained herein is transmitted for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and should "only" pertain to "WalzCraft" company matters. If you are not the intended recipient or designated agent of the recipient of such information, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this email or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited and may subject you to penalties under federal and/or state law. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this email. Thank You;

WalzCraft PO Box 1748 La Crosse, WI. 54602-1748

www.walzcraft.com<http://www.walzcraft.com/> Phone... 800-237-1326