Thanks Mark

I don't own the web service and only require one attribute from one
element in the soap response - just a reference id.

I suppose I was hoping to use a parser but given your comment plus the
above, I might just read the response soap document as a stream into
the program and use something like %scan to pull out the reference.

On 10 October 2017 at 16:53, Mark S Waterbury