Our backups are failing thusly. It makes no sense at all.
There are tapes.
There is nothing else accessing the library.
What's going on? I've tried everything I can think of.

Message ID . . . . . . : BRM1033 Severity . . . . . . . :
99
Message type . . . . . :
Inquiry
Date sent . . . . . . : 09/28/17 Time sent . . . . . . :
01:54:39

Message . . . . : Devices needed by control group not available. (C
R)
Cause . . . . . : Devices TAPMLB01 in the device list for control
group
type cannot be allocated because they are being used by other jobs or
other

systems.
Recovery . . . : Do one of the
following:
-- Type C to cancel control group
processing.
-- Wait for devices to become available, and type R to try the
operation

again.
Possible choices for replying to message . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
:
C -- Cancel
processing.
R -- Try the operation again.