Nathan

If I may, I think that you use RLA as a term differently from what I do - I think of RLA as native IO in RPG (the only language in which I use access to data - I do know about the C++ functions, however).

It sounds as if you refer to the DB component of the system when you use the term - this is probably causing some of the controversy here - talking at different levels.

Both SQL and native I/O use the same low-level SLIC functionality - these are exposed in the various higher-level calls - the GETM, GETK, GET, etc., kinds of things.

I suspect several of us are agreeing violently!

Cheers
Vern