From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Musselman, Paul
Sent: Freitag, 8. September 2017 20:40
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Acceptable characters in IFS file names

Dan--

On the iSeries side of the fence $ # @ are valid characters to use in
names... I'd suspect they're ok in the IFS; I just created three
directories with those characters as the nams and the system created them,
and I was able to open the directories to see them empty.

I was surprised that there's a STMF named ? already out there...

Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx