How many characters in the user name ?

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 12:19 PM, Matt Lavinder <
mlavinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Scott - Sorry, but I guess I have done this so many times I did not feel
the need to go into that much detail. I am at my wits end with this,
because I am NOT a newbie at this. I got SSH working years ago on V5R4
thanks to your articles. I definately created an RSA key. I added the
contents of rsa_id.pub on his Mac to the the authorized_keys file on the
IBM i.

Jack - I have checked, double checked and triple checked all the
permissions of the folders and files and I keep checking to make sure the
key isn’t on multiple lines.

Public key auth works my user profile and I use it all day, every day. I
have configured SSH clients and servers many times on various Linux distros
and I have never had a problem on IBM i or elsewhere. Again, it works if I
allow him to sign in with a password. It does NOT work if I add my Mac's
SSH to the authorized_keys on HIS profile, and that is the very key I am
using to help me troubleshoot.

This HAS to be some sort of profile authorities issue, but I am at a loss.

Like I said, I have checked all the permissions multiple times. I even
found a script to display the chmod numbers for the files and directories,
just to be sure. What I am getting is that I have checked all the right
things.

I am probably going to have to open a PMR with IBM. I would say I am
overlooking something dumb, but god help me, I have knack for stumbling on
to bizarre stuff. I was hoping for a simple answer.

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 6:22 PM, Jack Woehr <jwoehr@absolute-performance.
com
wrote:

Also be sure that when you added the key to authorized_keys it was one
line
wrapping, not 2 or 3 lines broken.

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 4:21 PM, Jack Woehr
<jwoehr@absolute-performance.c
om
wrote:

On the target machine:

- .ssh should be 700
- authorized_keys should 600

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 4:12 PM, Scott Klement <