Subject: Re: Keyboard Shorcut
From: Rob Berendt <[1]rob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, August 03, 2017 4:18 am
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <[2]midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Twinax (shudder).

Based on the key combinations you've mentioned I am going to assume that
you are using some PC with a twinax emulation board in it. Is this true
or are you using a real twinax terminal? If you are using a real twinax
terminal, what make and model? However, I've not touched a real twinax
terminal in a few decades.

If you are using an emulation program on a PC with a twinax card, then
what program are you using for emulation? IBM's or someone else's? See
if you can find out how that vendor does "Keyboard mapping". On many
emulation programs currently in use I've found that Shift-Esc acts as
the
old Sys-Req on a twinax terminal. Pressing Shift-Esc should give you a
line at the bottom. You can leave that blank and press enter. Then you
will see option 6 for displaying messages in QSYSOPR. I normally never
press enter on the blank line. I have my options pretty much memorized
and just enter the option number on that blank line.

Been awhile but on a twinax terminal I think Sys-Req and Attn were both
mapped to the same key but on one of them you had to hit shift. Probably
Sys-Req and that would be why on my emulation I hit Shift-Esc for SysReq
and just Esc for Attn.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive